Earn money with Cash Crate

Friday, December 14, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

 It's beginning to look a lot more like Christmas in our new home.
Since I am off work with sick ones today (who are all sleeping or waiting to see the doctor), I thought it seemed like a good time to do a little blogging.

Now on to the holiday scene....
 Jarred spent a small fortune and a few hours getting the outside spritzed up while I took care of the inside.
It would be so nice if the photos were grouped a bit but sometimes Blogger's photo features and I bump heads. So the photos may jump around some.




The entryway.


Our faux fireplace in the dining room.


The living room (which required a moving of the furniture to fit the tree in).



"The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...."
(on the mantel is my Christmas village collection started on our first wedding anniversary 
with a church given to me by my mother-in-law)


One of the easiest homemade ornaments to make if you keep craft sticks handy...ta da! It's the North Pole. Cut a skinny stick up with pointed flag ends and paint it to resemble the sign. Then glue the sign onto a candy-stripe-painted jumbo craft stick. Add a little pile of glitter glue "snow" and glue on a hook.


Another easy craft....cut out felt shapes and arrange them on a felt rectangle. Cut an asterick shape in the top of the felt so you can hang your decoration on a doorknob. Easy for kids if you can have felt pieces pre-cut. Hot glue works best for holding on the trims. Embellish with fabric paint or whatever your heart desires.


This candy jar was made by my friend Tracy B. using terra cotta pots, a terra cotta saucer, ribbon, and a mini fish bowl. So cute! I want one for every season. Note to self: if  planning to make these for the holidays as gifts, go to Lowes before summer is over.


Another shot of our living room.



Sorry for the blur. This is one of my all-time favorite ornaments...little elf shoes! They crack me up every year when we hang them. Makes me think of our little daycare elf on the shelf that our class named "Sneaky Charlie Snowflake".



Ash decorated her ice pastel colored tree by herself.


The entryway window at night.




The same window in early morning. It's a bit dark.



The outside of that same window. The light-up bow was a steal at Big Lots.



Got a beautiful Christmas card that you can't bare to throw out? Frame it for a holiday decoration. I love all things gingerbread and sweets and this card comes out for inspiration each holiday as I "get my bake on".




The side of the house.


Front door.





The afghan on the couch belonged to Mrs. Womack.


My sewing table relocated to the dining room when we had to move stuff to fit in the Christmas tree. Now this area is a bit empty.


Adrian turned 13 on the 13th. :)




The kids were a major help. Ashleigh especially enjoyed
decorating the tree this year.

Holiday Blessings,
Lynn

No comments: