Earn money with Cash Crate

Thursday, August 7, 2008

best book I've read in a long time

I just rejoined a well-known book club (for the free books and the nifty striped insulated cooler of course) for probably the 5th time in my life. I got an assortment of titles: some parenting helps, a few horror stories to read in the daylight, when my family is home and all the lights are on, and I don't need to shower, and the doors have been checked--twice, and a book called Stolen Innocence by Elissa Wall. Wow. I can't put it down. I'm up at 3 am, still speed-reading until my eyeballs hurt. If you have been more than just a little curious about the whole FLDS church group, this is a must-read. It tells the story of how Elissa grew up in a family with three mothers, multiple siblings, strained relationships, and an arranged marriage at age 15. Pick up a copy. Or better yet, you can have mine when I'm through. Just don't show up to borrow it unexpectedly, late at night, after one of my creepy stories, or you might find yourself the unfortunate victim of a fly-by "booking".
Lynn

No comments: