Earn money with Cash Crate

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Next stage of the TOS focus group application process

I received my first two items to download, use mercilessly, and then review. Tonight I will be reviewing one of the two items, The Old Schoolhouse (TOS) magazine digital edition.



I have to say I was uncertain how much I would enjoy having a magazine in digital form. Granted, I am online daily and absolutely love the world of the internet, but there is just something about curling up in bed late at night with a favorite magazine or book and reading until your head bobs and your eyes involuntarily close.



I was also concerned about spending more time than necessary reading a digital magazine on a computer that while, not prehistoric, has certainly seen better days and is using a dial-up internet connection. Would it be a struggle or a joy to use? Would it be an efficient use of my time? Or would the paper version prevail?



While always being a fan of a good old-fashioned read, having TOS in digital form blew me away. The pages did load a bit more slowly (as I had anticipated) but that is an issue that will vary by computer system. Other than that, I have nothing but praises for the magazine online.

Your copy can be viewed as many times as you like. There are lots of nice features right on the screen, from a contents page to a links page, featuring easy access to the magazine ads and sponsors. Page navigation is super-simple, through either one-by-one page viewing or the thumbnail feature which I liked instantly. With the thumbnail option, all the pages load onto your screen at one time, and you can click on and directly open any page you wish.

Can't recall where you saw a certain link or bit of an article and now you need to find it again? Who wants to pore over an entire magazine to do so, and now you don't have to, as TOS digi-mag even has a search feature built right in. And don't forget the "bookmark" feature for saving your place or your favorite articles...no more dog-eared magazine pages for you!

Another obvious perk is we're saving paper by using it, thus being good stewards of the earth.

For those who like to share a beloved magazine with friends after you've read it, you can still do so. You simply email an article by clicking the "share" button.

You can also download a copy right onto your computer to print or view offline later. And if that's not enough, you can change your on-screen display preferences, and view any available archives.

TOS digital edition is more than I expected, very easy to use, and I'm sure you will be blessed by it also.
-Lynn

No comments: