Earn money with Cash Crate

Thursday, February 26, 2009

I love it when I have a plan!

I love it when I am briefly organized and have a plan. I always enjoy planning out our next school year. Sometimes I think I like the planning of it much more than actually trying to implement it, but oh well. It always looks so perfect and do-able on paper. I'm sure I'll be tweaking it all repeatedly before the first semester is over.

My plan for next year is to use Blessed is the Man for my oldest son, who will begin 9th grade. I have always loved unit studies but I get a little squeamish thinking about using them for high schooling. Nonetheless, it looks thorough and so we are going to give it a try for 9th grade. We'll add in a complete math program and be done there. In one year, if it is a failure, we'll switch to a correspondence course, online-schooling, or all video-schooling for him.

My two younger children will use Five in a Row together for at least one year. I'll beef it up a little for my 9 year old with additional reading, math, projects, and worksheets, whereas the 4 year old will use it for kindergarten with an addition of only some phonics.

I'd like to hear from those who have tried Blessed is the Man.
Off to search through my FIAR resources! Any local FIAR buddies want to do some activities together next year?
-Lynn

No comments: